Susan G. Komen North Central Alabama is the local resource for women who need breast cancer screening and diagnostic services, support resources, and breast health education. Through annual events including the Race for the Cure and individual contributions from supporters like you, Komen North Central Alabama raises funds that enable women in our local communities to access crucial breast health services.
Seventy-five percent of all funds raised by the Affiliate stay in north central Alabama to fund breast health programs for women who would not otherwise have access to education, screening and treatment. Twenty-five percent of funds raised supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program.
Komen North Central Alabama has raised more than $10 million for local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in our 38 county service area since 1999.
Komen North Central Alabama is serving the breast health needs of north central Alabamians through:
- Low- and no-cost breast cancer screening and diagnostic services for uninsured and under-insured women
- Comprehensive breast cancer patient navigation
- Breast cancer patient, survivor, and co-survivor support
- Public awareness and education about breast cancer issues
- Support of local research to discover and deliver the cures