Interning with Komen
We are now accepting applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2017!
An internship with Susan G. Komen North Central Alabama is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop your professional skill set. We are looking for undergraduate- and graduate-level interns, as well as individuals who have completed their education and would like to gain work experience before entering the professional world. By joining Komen North Central Alabama as an intern, you join the state’s leader in the fight against breast cancer.
Our office is located in Homewood, AL and we offer flexible scheduling, Monday through Friday. We ask that all interns commit to the minimum hours listed on each position description in order to properly and fully execute projects. Some positions may require attendance at additional meetings and special events, and occasional evening and weekend hours. All internships are unpaid and run a minimum of 3 months. We offer three sessions during the year:
- Winter/Spring: January through April
- Summer: May through early August
- Fall: mid-August through December
We Want to Know: What Type of Work Interests You?
We match our interns up with a specific staff member according to certain skills, interests, and majors that each of the applicants have. Our staff specializes in the following areas and we’re looking for interns who want to learn all about what they have to do and how they do it…as well as interns who want to help make it happen themselves! Currently, the openings that we have focus on the following areas:
- Community health and education, grants, advocacy and public policy, and volunteer engagement
- Communications, special events planning, development, and fundraising
- Non-profit management, public relations, and leadership development
- Finance, bookkeeping, information management, and data entry
So whether you’re interested in community outreach, public health research and needs assessment, advocacy, grant writing, communications, development and fundraising, special event planning, or non-profit management – we’d love to have you join our team!
Internship Job Descriptions
- Development Intern Job Description
- Digital Communications Intern Job Description
- Grant Writing Intern Job Description
- Graphic Design Intern Job Description
- Health Policy and Advocacy Intern Job Description
- Mission Intern Job Description
- Special Events and Race for the Cure Job Description
- Volunteer Programs Intern Job Description
All candidates should be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university or a graduate looking for applicable work experience, exhibit strong organizational skills, be a responsible self-starter, possess good customer service skills, be computer savvy, and show enthusiasm and dedication to the mission of Susan G. Komen. To apply for our internship program, please download this internship application form and email it along with a cover letter and your resume to the email address listed on the job description. For more information, please call 205.263.1700.