2017-2018 Grant Recipients
Our dynamic Community Grants program provides vital funding for screening, education, and survivorship programs throughout north central Alabama. Without support from Susan G. Komen, many of these programs would cease to exist.
2017-2018 Community Health Grants were funded at a total of $75,000.00 and include:
- Alabama Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, Alabama Department of Public Health – $55,000
- Provides free screening and diagnostic services to women who qualify for the Alabama Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (ABCCEDP).
- Think Well II: Healthy Living, UAB School of Nursing – $10,000
- Provides funding for the development of the Think Well curriculum, which aims to increase breast cancer survivor and public awareness of cognitive changes that can occur after breast cancer treatment.
- Sowing the Seeds: Latina Lunches III – $10,000
- Implements breast health and breast cancer education and outreach designed to increase awareness, knowledge and screening within the Latina communities of north central Alabama.