Become an Advocate
Komen North Central Alabama Local Advocacy Initiatives
- Organizing an annual Advocacy Day at the Alabama State Capitol Building in Montgomery
- Advocating for continued funding of the Alabama Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (ABCCEDP) to ensure that all women have access to life-saving screening and diagnostic services
- Advocating for the passage of cancer treatment fairness legislation that will require insurance companies to cover oral cancer treatment medications at a rate no less favorably than intravenous (IV) treatments
- Establish and strengthen relationships with other cancer advocacy groups
- Support Komen Advocacy Alliance initiatives at the local level
Completed petitions should be sent to the Komen Community Office via email (dfowler@komenNCalabama.org) or mail (1909 27th Avenue South Homewood, AL 35209) by February 2nd.
Komen Advocacy Alliance
The Susan G. Komen® Advocacy Alliance (KAA) is the non-partisan voice for over 2.5 million breast cancers survivors and the people who love them. Our mission is to translate the Komen promise to end breast cancer forever into action at all levels of government to discover and deliver the cures.